MoP Protection Warrior Guide – General
MoP Warrior Guide
Welcome to our Protection Warrior tank guide for World of Warcraft MoP 5.4. Here, you will learneverything you need to know about playing a Protection Warrior in a raid environment,although most of the content also applies to normal and heroic dungeons.
Currently, Protection Warriors are faring very well, making them a worthychoice for your raid’s tanking spot(s). Like all Warriors, ProtectionWarriors provide several useful raid cooldowns (most notably Rallying Cry, Shattering Throw, Demoralizing Bannerand Skull Banner).
Protection Warriors have excellent mobility during encounters, and shinein fights where there are a great many adds.
Note that this guide focuses on aspects which are specific to ProtectionWarriors, and general tanking strategies are beyond its scope. If you wish toknow more about the tanking role and what you can do to improve, we recommendthat you read our tanking guide.
To make it easy to navigate the guide, we have split it into multiple pages:
- Builds, Talents, and Glyphs: learn how to choose your talents and glyphs;
- Rotation, Cooldowns, and Abilities: master your rotation and your cooldowns;
- Buffs, Debuffs, and Useful Abilities: discover your arsenal of useful abilities;
- Statistics Priority and Reforging: read up on the respective values of your statistics;
- Gems, Enchants, and Professions: choose the best gems, enchantments, etc.;
- Macros and Addons: step up your game with useful macros and addons;
- Gearing Up and Best in Slot: find the best gear you can wear.