PVP WotLK Marksmanship Hunter Guide (Short)
Wrath Hunter Guide
Welcome to our PVP Marksmanship Hunter guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Hunter class as Marksmanship. With this setup and some dedication you should be king of the arena in no time.
This is the popular Marksman Battleground Build. you can tweak it to your liking or wear a little PVE gear to increase your damage more.
This build is for Arena’s and includes a CD reduction for Disengage.
- Aimed Shot
- Serpent Sting
- Disengage or Chimera Shot (Take Disengage for arenas and Chimera for battlegrounds)
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Delicate Cardinal Ruby or Bright Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Shifting Dreadstone (1) / Stormy Majestic Zircon (until spell pen cap’d)
- Yellow: Mystic King’s Amber or Rigid King’s Amber or Deadly Ametrine
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Arcanum of Triumph
- Shoulder: Inscription of Triumph
- Back: Major Agility
- Chest: Powerful Stats or Exceptional Resilience
- Bracers: Greater Assault
- Gloves: Major Agility
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Frosthide Leg Armor
- Boots: Tuskarr’s Vitality or Superior Agility
- Weapon: Superior Potency & Titanium Weapon Chain
- Ranged: Heartseeker Scope
- Hit (5%)
- Resilience (700 min)
- Armor Penetration
- Critical Strike
- Attack Power
For PVP you need 5% hit and at least 75 Spell Pen (130 is the cap). At least 700 Resilience is required to not instantly melt.
Agility is the primary DPS stat for Survival hunters. Agility has no cap and just keeps ramping up your damage as you add more.
PvP & Survival doesn’t have a “rotation” in the typical sense. This is the priority list.
- Aimed Shot
- Hunter’s Mark should be on the target at all times.
- Serpent Sting should be used if everything else is on CD.
- Chimera Shot
- Arcane Shot
- Steady Shot if everything else is on cooldown.
Spider is the most commonly used Survival / Marksmanship hunter pets. The spider has a root with a 30 yard range. This root is probably a huge part of why it’s considered the best pet for everything except BM. The spider isn’t as tanky as the crab, so you may have to call it back to keep it from dying in certain situations.
This pet uses the same build as the Spider. Ravagers can immobilize and silence the target for 2 seconds but it’s a melee range ability and ravagers are not tanky.
Crabs can be used to lock an opponent down. Crabs pin ability requires them to be in melee range… Which would be an issue but crabs are associated with the Tenacity tree which makes them very tanky.