Legion is here! sort of.
Have you ever wanted to play TBC with Legion NPC models?
Today is the day! Thanks to BambyTube we can!
Is wowme required?
Apparently a version with many mounts and other things is in the works but requires WoWMe to operate.
This version doesn’t require WoWMe.
Is it bannable?
Check with your local server if it’s a bannable offense.
I definitely had fun playing with it on Outland/Warmane but your mileage may vary.
- Download the MPQ file here
- Copy the file into the Data folder. (c:\wow\Data for me)
- Login and enjoy, it’s that easy!
What is Super Mario 64 Online?
SM64 Online is a project by Kaze Emanuar, Melonspeedruns and Marshivolt. Built atop a Super Mario 64 ROM which lets people connect online, choose a character from the Mushroom Kingdom and play the game however they want. You can do traditional stuff like just clearing stages, you can have speedrun races or even just build a giant battle royale!
The official website for SM64 online is sm64o.com
Get in on the action before it’s gone
With all things similar to private servers, the fear is that copyright strikes are on the way. This online version of the game is built off a Super Mario 64 ROM and the team behind it previously got hit with a DMCA takedown from Nintendo. The original launch video has already been taken down via DMCA from Youtube but for now, this is an awesome addition to a classic!
Downloading and installing Project 64 (free N64 emulator) and downloading Super Mario 64:
- The game requires the latest version of Project 64 installed on your PC.
- Download a working super mario 64 ROM and place the .zip in a folder named Roms wherever you want on your PC.
Setting up Super Mario 64 Online
- Download Super Mario 64 Online.
- Unzip and place the Super Mario 64 Online folder within your Project 64 directory.
- Run Project 64 and load the Super Mario 64 ROM.
- Navigate to the load save game screen.
- In the Project 64 menu go to Options > Settings > Options > and if checked, UNCHECK “Hide Advanced Settings”
- Next, while still in the Settings menu, navigate to the ROM Settings tab. Change Memory Size from 4mb to 8mb and click OK.
- To enable online capabilities, run SM64O.exe and either enter the IP address of a server you want to join, or place your own IP address and check “Check Server?” box.
- Select a character in the “Select your Player” drop down menu.
- Now click “Connect to Server” or “Create Server”. Depending on if you will be hosting the server.
- Navigate back to Project 64 where Super Mario 64 is still waiting at the save game screen.
- press the F5 key In Project 64 and then press F7. This will save your game state and then reload it, enabling Super Mario 64 Online access to the ROM, giving you online capabilities!
- Now simply load a game save and you will join the server!
Having trouble setting the game up? Here is a walkthrough!