WotLK Shaman Guide – Ele (Level 80)
Wrath Shaman Guide
- This guide is for an Elemental Shaman in PvE, a lot people think that Elemental Shamans are underpowered for Wrath of the Lich King. The guide is pretty much information gathered from across the web, to help players get the most out of there character.
- Spellpower is your main focus once you hit the cap in everything else posted below you’ll need point for point in spellpower.
- Haste Rating is very important to a elemental shaman however you only need to hit the 40% mark which is 1093 rating with your Wrath of Air and 966 if you have a Retribution Paladin in your Party. If you find yourself over the cap you should put those points elsewhere.
- Hit Rating helps with your total DPS output, yes if you’re a Draenei it will help give you a 1% boost but but you won’t quite get capped. If you are playing with a Draenei you hit cap will on need to be 342, if you’re playing the Horde then you’ll need 368. However if you run with with a Shadow Priest or a Moonkin, then you can remove a total of 79 to your Hit rating meaning you’ll only need a hit rating of 263 (Draenei) and hit rating of 289 (Horde).
- Critical Rating as it only affects your Lightning Bolt and Flame Shock (your Lava Burst should critical all the time due to Flame Shock being active on the target at every use) and therefore only have average benefit on your DPS.
- You shouldn’t concern yourself with MP5 or SPIRIT unless you plan on moving into a Restoration Shaman.
|Meta||Red||Blue||Yellow||NOT HIT CAPPED|
|Chaotic Skyflare Diamond||Runed Cardinal Ruby||Glowing Dreadstone||Reckless Ametrine||Veiled Ametrine/Rigid King’s Amber|
|Glyph of Lava||Glyph of Renewed Life|
|Glyph of Lightning Bolt||Glyph of Thunderstorm|
|Glyph of Totem of Wrath||Glyph of Water Shield|
Wrath of Air Totem is the totem you benefit of the most, however if no Frost Death Knight/Enhancement Shaman is present in the raid, then Windfury Totem is better for the raid, this all depends on the composition of Melee/Casters.
This totem is based on what your raid is needs. If a Death Knight is present Strength of Earth Totem is waste, and if a Paladin is using Devotion Aura you shouldn’t use Stoneskin Totem but these are the most valuable Earth Totems, use Tremor Totem when it is needed.
Totem of Wrath is almost the only totem you should be using. But if required to AoE, you should be using Magma Totem together with Fire Nova and Chain-lightning. Fire Elemental is also a significant DPS increase, but should only be used together with Heroism/Bloodlust.
Healing Stream is almost the only totem you should be using. But ONLY if no Blessing of Wisdom/Restoration Shaman is present you should be using Mana Spring Totem. Cleansing Totem is also a nice if you’re in need a removing poisons/diseases.
Elemental Shaman (57/14/0)
- 2000 – 2500 GS. This is the average gear level for most players, which arrives to Northrend after Outland zones. This gear will help to complete mostly quests during leveling and to run only Nexus, Utgarde Keep, Azjol-Nerub normal mode dungeons.
- 2500 – 3000 GS. This gear rating is possible to have only from Northrend quests rewards and most normal mode dungeons.
- 3000 – 3900 GS. This GS is available after farming most Northrend dungeons in Heroic mode and by buying rare and epic items from different faction quartermasters (they offer some gear ilvl 185-200 mostly), after increasing the reputation to Revered or Exalted to them.
- 3900 – 4900 GS. The barrier of 4kGS is hard enough to overcome. This is the point where some epic items from AH, by crafting them or buying through early farmed Frost and Triumph Emblems will help a lot. At 4100 GS (all items should be over level 200 to be allowed there) is possible to start Frozen Halls dungeon farming in Normal mode, by starting the quest chains – Inside the Frozen Citadel. If your character is in a guild, then this process will be much easier. The Frozen Halls farming in Normal and Heroic modes will help to upgrade your character gear to 5000 GS. If you have some online friends or your guild is patient enough, then at 4500 GS is possible to do some raids in Vault of Archavon, Obsidian Sanctum and Onyxia’s Lair 10 mode ONLY! In this case some well geared tanks and healers are required and, moreover, personal tactic mistakes are not allowed.
- 4900 – 5300 GS. At this point your character can be invited in 25, Obsidian Sanctum 25, Onyxia’s Lair 25, Naxxramas10/25, Trial of the Crusader 10 Normal ONLY.
- 5300 – 5600 GS. Probably at this GS interval the real Wotlk PVE raiding begins. This interval opens the access to Icecrown Citadel 10 Normal, Ulduar25, Ruby Sanctum 10 Normal, Trial of the Crusader 25 Normal and 10 Heroic all early described off course. These raids bosses drops epic items lvl 245-251, which can help to tune your character spec in the most flexible and full mode (all slots), and overall gearing going very fast, especially by raiding with guild.
- 5600 – 6050 GS. This score is required to complete Icecrown Citadel 25 Normal, Ruby Sanctum 25 Normal, Icecrown Citadel 10 Heroic and Trial of the Crusader 25 Heroic and to get The Kingslayer title in the most common mode. I should to admit that Trial of the Crusader 25 Heroic Mode is harder than Icecrown Citadel 25 Normal or Ruby Sanctum 25 Normal. These raids take about 60% of raid events which happens on Wotlk realms, and gear score near 6k is a ticket to do most of them in guilds or with “pugs”.
- 6050 – 6600 GS. The gear is referred to Icecrown Citadel 25 Heroic and Ruby Sanctum 25 Heroic ONLY. This GS is the “Final Goal” of any PVE raider, which helps to make a Best in Slot characters through raiding. Usually it can take 5 – 6 months to make a Best in Slot geared character by raiding every week, even with a very skilled and organized guild. The marketplace will help here a lot anyway.
- 6600 – 7000 GS. This is the Legendary Gear Score! Such rating can have only Death Knights, Paladins and Warriors only, by wearing Shadowmourne and a lot of ilvl284 tems. The Paladins and Death Knights can stack their GS to 6800-6900 GS through useful BiS gear. Only Warriors can have 7kGS, because they can stack more useful gear lvl284.
Head: Sanctified Frost Witch’s Helm
Neck: Blood Queen’s Crimson Choker
Shoulder: Sanctified Frost Witch’s Shoulderpads
Back: Frostbinder’s Shredded Cape
Chest: Sanctified Frost Witch’s Hauberk
Wrist: Bloodsunder’s Bracers
Hands: Sanctified Frost Witch’s Gloves
Waist: Split Shape Belt
Legs: Sanctified Frost Witch’s Kilt
Feet: Boots of Divided Being
Ring 1: Ashen Band of Endless Destruction
Ring 2: Valanar’s Other Signet Ring
Trinket 1: Phylactery of the Nameless Lich
Trinket 2: Charred Twilight Scale
Weapon: Tel’thas, Dagger of the Blood King
Shield: Bulwark of Smouldering Steel
Relic: Bizuri’s Totem of Shattered Ice
DPS Spell Rotations
Single Target Spell Rotation: The ele shamans should keep FS DoT on their main target all the time, because it provides LvB with 100% crit chance and a lot of damage during combat. I had selected macro reset interval to 5 sec, because this is the max delay interval, which keeps previous described algorithm working. Moreover, Frost Witch’s Regalia with (4) set bonus should help a lot in this.
Algorithm: FS + LvB + 6xLB + LvB + 6xLB. The idea of FS + LvB + 6xLB only is not good, because (4) set bonus procs well and next LvB will keep FS DoT active addition 11-14 sec. The only one LvB per FS is very irrational.
/castsequence reset=5 Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
Multiple Targets Spell Rotation: All spells sequence are the same as in previous example, but CL is used after LvB, because LvB will give guaranteed Clearcasting stance and less mana drain from CL off course.
Algorithm: FS + LvB + CL + 5xLB + LvB + CL + 5xLB. The idea of FS + LvB + CL + 5xLB only is not good as explained in previous example.
/castsequence reset=5 Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt, Lightning Bolt
One Shot Macro: If your character has some trinkets, with “Use” ability, then modify this macro respectively.
showtooltip /cast Elemental Mastery /castsequence Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning
showtooltip /cast Elemental Mastery /castsequence reset=5 Flame Shock, Lightning Bolt, Lava Burst, Chain Lightning, Lightning Bolt