PVE TBC Resto Shaman Healing Guide (Short)
TBC Shaman Guide
Welcome to our PVE Resto Shaman Healing guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play a Resto Shaman in dungeons and raids. This guide covers everything from talents to consumables!
This first build is designed for progressing new content. It provides higher survivability and threat reduction to keep you alive longer.
This alternative build is mostly intended for farming dungeons and such. While keeping the main healing talents we also dip into the Enhancement tree. This tree allows us to increase our groups DPS with totems and add a bit of extra mobility.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Teardrop Crimson Spinel, Teardrop Living Ruby
- Blue: Royal Shadowsong Amethyst, Royal Nightseye
- Yellow: Quick Lionseye, Quick Dawnstone
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Faith, Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Major Armor, Enchant Cloak – Subtlety
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Restore Mana Prime
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Superior Healing, Enchant Bracer – Restore Mana Prime
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs: Golden Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed, Enchant Boots – Vitality
- Weapons: Enchant Weapon – Major Healing
- Shield: Enchant Shield – Intellect, Enchant Shield – Major Stamina
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Healing Power on both rings.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Mad Alchemist’s Potion
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power, Elixir of Major Mageblood
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration, Flask of Distilled Wisdom
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks, Blackened Sporefish
- Weapons: Blessed Weapon Coating, Superior Mana Oil or Brilliant Mana Oil
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
- Leatherworking – This is a great choice for Resto Shamans. Allows you to craft useful gear all the way through! You also benefit from Leg enchants. You can also increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle and Drums of Restoration.
- Alchemy – This profession stands out because of Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone and the ability to craft consumables and transmutes.
- Enchanting – Enchanting both of your rings will give you a boost plus you can save money enchanting your own gear.
- Tailoring – A good option for players just starting out, the Whitemend and Primal Mooncloth sets are useful until you start getting T5 gear.
- Jewelcrafting – Great gold making choice and you can make your own gems early on.
- Healing Power
- Spell Haste
- Spell Crit
Water Shield should be on you constantly.
You can cast Earth Shield on the tanks and also casters to help with spell pushback.
Chain Heal will be your main raid healing ability. Rank 4 is also good to use because it costs 19% less mana but only heals for 10% less.
Healing Wave is your main healing ability for single targets. When things get dicey you can combine it with Nature’s Swiftness to get an instant heal off and save a life. A lower rank of Healing Wave can be used for efficiency also. Rank 1 can be used to stack Ancestral Healing and Healing Way on the tank.
Which Totems you use will be largely based on your group composition. Don’t forget that some of your totems are i