PVE WotLK Affliction Warlock DPS Guide (Short)
Wrath Warlock Guide
Welcome to our PVE Affliction Warlock guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Warlock class as Affliction. If you follow this build you should be at the top of the DPS chart in no time!
This is the standard/core Affliction Warlock Build. You can tweak this to your liking but it’s a good base build.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone (Only if the socket bonus is +7 Spell Power.)
- Yellow: Reckless Ametrine
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Superior Spellpower
- Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots: Icewalker
- Two-Handed Weapon: Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-Handed Weapon: Mighty Spellpower
- Hit (17%) (14% with Suppression)
- Spell Power
- Critical Strike
- Spirit (Increases spell power)
- Begin by casting Life Tap before the boss is engaged.
- Ensure the boss has Curse of the Elements on him at all times.
- Unstable Affliction
- Haunt (Mostly for the buff)
- Curse of Agony
- Drain Soul (When the boss is below 25%)
- Shadow Bolt
Be careful not to re-apply DoTs earlier than necessary as this will lower your DPS.