Welcome to our Blood Death Knight DPS guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Death Knight class as Blood.
This is the popular Blood DK build. Once you have 90% Armor Penetration your damage goes up dramatically.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond or Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Fractured Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Nightmare Tear or Puissant Dreadstone
- Yellow: Inscribed Ametrine
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Back: Greater Speed or Major Agility
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Greater Assault
- Gloves: Crusher
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots: Tuskarr’s Vitality or Greater Assault
- Weapon: Rune of the Fallen Crusader
- Hit (8%)
- Armor Penetration
- Critical Strike
- Attack Power
Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Heart Strike x2 -> Death Strike -> Death Coil
Death Strike -> Heart Strike x3 -> Pestilence -> Death Coil
Heart Strike x4 -> Death Strike -> Death Coil
Death Strike -> Heart Strike x3 -> Plague Strike -> Death Coil
Glyph of Disease allows us to use Pestilence to refresh our Diseases.
Army of the Dead should be used before the encounter starts. Casting it instead of doing your rotation will cause you to lose DPS.
Hysteria should be used on cooldown.
isn’t the last talent on blood kinda useless?
Dancing Rune Weapon? It’s a decent DPS increase
Then why isn’t it included in the rotation ?