Welcome to our PVE Discipline Priest guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Priest class as Discipline. If you follow this build you should be topping the healing charts in no time!
Discipline is amazing at clutch healing/shielding. If you ever wanted to make someone think they were going to die and then save them… This is the class for you! You may not be the most mana efficient healer in the raid but you have really good survivability and bring a lot of utility to the table.
This is the standard Discipline priest spec and it works well with just about any gear setup. The beauty of Discipline is the increased survivalibity with talents such as, Spell Warding and Desperate Prayer.
This second build focuses on using Renew. Make sure to pick up Glyph of Renew if you go with this build.
- Flash Heal (Saves a lot of mana when combined with talents.)
- Prayer of Healing (used for raid healing
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Ember Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Yellow: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Runed Cardinal Ruby
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Superior Spellpower
- Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots: Icewalker
- Two-Handed Weapon: Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-Handed Weapon: Mighty Spellpower
- Spell Power
- Spirit (until you aren’t going oom during fights)
- Critical Strike
You don’t have a rotation as Discipline, so instead I’m going to mention some general guidelines and tips.
Your role in raids is to shield and heal. Not just shield nor just heal but to shield AND heal.
Rapture will keep you from going OOM. Use it on your tank before he takes heavy damage, the shield is destroyed and you gain mana. It’s pretty simple.