PVE WotLK Holy Paladin Healer Guide (Short)
Wrath Paladin Guide
Welcome to our PVE Holy Paladin guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Paladin class as Holy. If you follow this build you should be topping the healing charts in no time!
The beauty of a holy paladin is their large heals combined with great survivability. When other healers may fall over dead, you will still be there, healing the tank to the bitter end. Holy Paladins make great tank healers by the way.
This is the common holy paladin build. It takes Divinity from the Protection tree to increase all healing by 5%. It also takes Conviction from the Retribution tree for the extra 5% critical strike chance.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Insightful Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Brilliant King’s Amber (1x Luminous Ametrine)
- Yellow: Brilliant King’s Amber
- Blue: Brilliant King’s Amber (1x Dazzling Eye of Zul )
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Greater Intellect
- Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Sapphire Spellthread
- Boots: Tuskarr’s Vitality
- Weapon: Major Intellect
- Shield: Greater Intellect
- Spell Power
- Haste (676 soft cap)
- Critical Strike
Intellect is the main stat for Holy Paladins because it increases the size of your mana pool. Holy Light requires a lot of mana per cast, which is why we need a large mana pool.
You could use Flash of Light as your primary healing spell instead of Holy Light and this would change your primary stat from Intellect to Spell Power but this doesn’t work as well for end game content.
Healing only one tank
Healing Two tanks
Lower Gear healing
If you have a lower gearscore, you are probably going OOM in most fights. You should switch to Flash of Light as your primary healing spell and use Holy Light occasionally to get the Light’s Grace buff.