PVE WotLK Beast Mastery Hunter DPS Guide (Short)
Wrath Hunter Guide
Welcome to our PVE Beast Mastery Hunter guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Hunter class as Beast Mastery.
This build is designed for hunters with low gear scores. If you have lower hit rating, you would want to take Focused Aim and give up either Lethal Shots or Careful Aim. If you have 8% hit rating (the cap) then the last point can go into Catlike Reflexes, Invigoration or Improved Tracking.
This build is designed for players with higher gear scores. Improved Arcane Shot is dropped and Improved Tracking is taken. The reasoning is that tracking improves overall damage and scales with armor pen.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bright Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Nightmare Tear (1)
- Yellow: Smooth King’s Amber or Rigid King’s Amber
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Major Agility
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracers – Greater Assault
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Agility
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Tuskarr’s Vitality or Enchant Boots – Greater Assault
- Weapon: Enchant 2H Weapon – Massacre (2h) or Enchant Weapon – Superior Potency (1h)
- Ranged: Heartseeker Scope
- Hit (8%, 263 rating) 5% should be your first goal.
- Attack Power
- Critical Strike
- Armor Penetration
You need 8% hit cap for raids. you should first shoot for 5% for dungeons and work your way to that 8% number.
Attack power is the main stat because your pet benefits from your attack power as well.
Agility increases both your attack power and critical strike rating, so it’s also a solid stat.
- You want to have Aspect of the Dragonhawk active.
- The target should have Hunter’s Mark up.
- First don’t forget to send your pet in to attack.
- Serpent Sting -> Arcane Shot -> Multi-Shot -> Steady Shot
- While everything else is on CD, you will keep spamming Steady Shot.
- Once the target is below 20% Kill Shot is your highest priority.
Pets are very important to BM Hunters. One of the hardest choices a hunter has to make is which pet to use. These are the popular raiding pets.
- Tyrant Devilsaur is the top DPS pet which uses Monstrous Bite
- Wolves have less damage but buff you with Furious Howl
- Wasps can provide Sting which is a really good debuff. (It doesn’t stack with similar effects.
- Raptors and Cats have lower DPS but are still viable.
The Ferocity talent tree is the way to go. Here is a build to get you started.