PVE TBC Elemental Shaman DPS Guide (Short)
TBC Shaman Guide
Welcome to our PVE Elemental Shaman DPS guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play an Elemental Shaman in dungeons and raids. This guide covers everything from talents to consumables.
This is the most common Elemental Shaman build. This build uses Elemental Precision, Totem of Wrath, and Nature’s Guidance to get 12% hit rating. Getting this hit rating from talents really helps us optimize our gear.
The only swap I would consider would be 2 points from Storm Reach being placed into Unrelenting Storm for better mana regen. The downside to this swap is that the extra reach can be super useful.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
- Red: Potent Pyrestone, Runed Crimson Spinel
- Blue: Glowing Shadowsong Amethyst (Only use for socket bonuses)
- Yellow: Potent Pyrestone
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of Power
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Orb, Greater Inscription of Discipline
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Spell Penetration
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Spellpower
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Spellpower, Enchant Gloves – Blasting
- Legs: Runic Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Vitality, Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapons: Enchant Weapon – Major Spellpower
- Shield: Enchant Shield – Intellect
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Spellpower on both rings.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Haste Potion, Destruction Potion
- Flask: Flask of Blinding Light
- Food: Blackened Basilisk, Crunchy Serpent
- Other: Superior Wizard Oil
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
- Leatherworking – This is a great choice for Elemental Shamans. Allows you to craft useful gear and you also benefit from Leg enchants. You can also increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle.
- Enchanting – Enchanting both of your rings will give you a boost plus you can save money enchanting your own gear.
- Jewelcrafting – Great gold making choice and you can make your own gems early on. The JC specific trinkets can be used early on but will be replaced soon enough.
- Hit rating
- Spell Critical Strike
- Spell Power
You get 12% of the 16% hit required from your talents, this means you will need to get 4% or 51 hit rating from your gear. Draenei will only require 3% or 38 hit rating because of their racial bonus!
You want around 20-30% spell crit unbuffed. After that focus on your Spell Power.
You want around 10% haste so you can cast 4 lightning bolts in one chain lightning cooldown. Going over this is basically a waste of stats.
Keep Water Shield up at all times.
Use Flame Shock when you are forced to move.
During long encounters you can simply spam Lightning Bolt for a mana efficient way to DPS.
In a short fight or if you have really good gear, cast 4 Lightning Bolt and then 1 Chain Lightning. This will offer the most DPS but drains your mana quickly.
Your best DPS rotation is going to be, cast 3 Lightning Bolt and then 1 Chain Lightning. This will help you keep mana wile doing really good DPS.
It really depends on your gear and the length of the boss fight if you cast 3 or 4 lightning bolts.
10% haste allows you to fit in the 4th Lightning Bolt before the cooldown on Chain Lightning finishes. This prevents you from sitting around and waiting before your next cast.
Also, main reason for Ele to go LWing isn’t really the drums, but the Netherstrike set, which will be bis all through phase 1, until you get SSC and TK gear.
And why there’s no mention of Stamina, Intellect, Mp5, or even Armor just baffles me, honestly. All very important stats.
Also, also, there’s a strong argument to be made that tailoring is almost as good for elemental, as LWing, in phase 1, due to the Spellstrike set.
The information about haste rating is wrong. Every point of haste is worth it. You cast Chain Lighting if it is off cooldown, waiting for it to be off cooldown is a dps loss. Your dps is boosted by casting more lightning bolt