Welcome to our PVE Resto Druid healing guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play a Resto Druid in dungeons and raids. This guide covers everything from talents to consumables.
This is the core build for Restoration Druids, this build’s main focus is Healing over Time. This build has 19 talent points left over for you to assign.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Teardrop Crimson Spinel or Teardrop Living Ruby
- Blue: Luminous Pyrestone or Luminous Noble Topaz
- Yellow: Purified Shadowsong Amethyst or Purified Shadow Pearl
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of Renewal
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Faith or Greater Inscription of the Oracle
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Major Armor or Enchant Cloak – Subtlety
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Major Spirit or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Superior Healing or Enchant Bracer – Restore Mana Prime
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Healing
- Legs: Golden Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Major Healing
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Healing Power on both rings.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Mad Alchemist’s Potion
- Elixir: Elixir of Healing Power, Elixir of Draenic Wisdom
- Flask: Flask of Mighty Restoration, Flask of Chromatic Wonder or Flask of Distilled Wisdom
- Food: Golden Fish Sticks
- Weapon: Superior Wizard Oil, Superior Mana Oil
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
- Tailoring – Good for players just starting out, the Whitemend and Primal Mooncloth sets are great until T5.
- Leatherworking – Allows you to craft gear such as Leather Chestguard of the Sun. You can also further increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle.
- Alchemy – Very good option because of Redeemer’s Alchemist Stone. You can also craft your own consumables which is nice.
- Enchanting – Enchanting both of your rings will give you an extra 40 bonus healing.
- Bonus Healing
- Spell Haste
Like most healers, Resto Druids work off of a priority list instead of a rotation.
You will be in Tree of Life most of the time.
Your main abilities are