PVE WotLK Destruction Warlock DPS Guide (Short)
Wrath Warlock Guide
Welcome to our PVE Destruction Warlock guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Warlock class as Destruction. If you follow this build you should be at the top of the DPS chart in no time!
Destruction Warlocks have two main specs. With this first build, you just stand still and cast your spells. Soul Leech and Improved Soul Leech will keep you at full health and mana the entire time. You won’t have to rely on Life Tap and will be constantly pumping out DPS.
The second build works better in fights with a lot of movement. This build doesn’t take Soul Leech or Improved Soul Leech because Unholy Power is better when you have to move a lot. You will be using Life Tap to get mana back while moving.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Runed Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Purified Dreadstone (2x)
- Yellow: Potent Ametrine
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Burning Mysteries
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Storm
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Superior Spellpower
- Gloves: Exceptional Spellpower
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots: Icewalker
- Two-Handed Weapon: Enchant Staff – Greater Spellpower
- One-Handed Weapon: Mighty Spellpower or Black Magic
- Hit (17% cap)
- Spell Power
- Critical Strike
- Life Tap before the pull
- Curse of the Elements (or Curse of Doom)
- Immolate (Keep the debuff up at all times)
- Corruption (Keep the debuff up at all times)
- Conflagrate (This should be used every time it’s off CD)
- Chaos Bolt (This is your primary spell)
- Incinerate (Use this when everything else is applied or on CD)
Imp is your best pet. He deals the most damage and the builds above both have Empowered Imp which gives us a 100% chance to crit after he crits.