PVE TBC Destruction Warlock DPS Guide (Short)
TBC Warlock Guide
Welcome to our PVE Destruction Warlock guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Warlock class as Destruction in the burning crusade expansion. If you follow this build you should be at the top of the DPS chart in no time!
The best build for warlocks up till T6 is based around doing shadow damage. Fire builds aren’t really that great until t6.
Since Destruction is lacking Suppression we have to account for having a low hit rating. As your hit rating does go up, your damage will go up substantially. It is worth considering the Affliction spec instead of destruction until you have a decent amount of hit rating.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
- Red: Runed Living Ruby
- Blue: Glowing Nightseye only to activate your meta gem
- Yellow: Veiled Noble Topaz or Great Dawnstone for hit rating
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Glyph of Power
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Orb or Greater Inscription of Discipline
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Subtlety
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Exceptional Health or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Spellpower
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Spellpower
- Waist: Runic Spellthread or Mystic Spellthread
- Legs: Brilliant Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Major Spellpower or Enchant Weapon – Soulfrost
- Hit (202 spell hit cap)
- Spell Power
- Spell Critical Strike
- Spell Haste
Haste becomes more valuable later on when you have access to T5 and T6 raid gear.
You want to make sure you have both of your defensive buffs on before the fight. Start off by making sure Fel Armor is on and then summon a Summon Succubus that will be sacrificed using Demonic Sacrifice to give you a shield going in the fight.
Life Tap should be used when needed.
Shadow Bolt is your main ability and you should cast it when you aren’t doing anything else.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Destruction Potion
- Elixir: Flask of Pure Death
- Oil: Brilliant Wizard Oil and Superior Wizard Oil
- Food: Blackened Basilisk or Crunchy Serpent or Poached Bluefish
- Misc: Mana Emerald, Flame Cap
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
Tailoring – This is the most common profession because you get access to the Shadoweave and Spellstrike sets. Both of these are great T4-T5 level options and for a fresh 70 it is really good!
Jewelcrafting – Mostly gives you access to epic gems. Jewelcrafting is definitely a great money making profession!