WotLK PVE Frost Death Knight DPS Guide (Quick)
Wrath Death Knight Guide
Welcome to our Frost Death Knight DPS guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Death Knight class as Frost.
This is the popular Frost DK build. This build really starts to shine as your gear improves.
These 4 talents can be adjusted based on your gear and/or raid setup.
- Black Ice can be bumped up to 2/5. This talent scales with Strength and not Armor Pen.
- Blood-Caked Blade This talent is a solid DPS Boost. Synergizes with Armor Pen. The more the better
- Killing Machine can be taken either way. The less crit you have, the more useful this talent becomes.
- Subversion Small DPS increase but a nice threat decrease. This talent is better when you don’t have a paladin providing Salvation.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond or Chaotic Skyflare Diamond
- Red: Bold Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Nightmare Tear (Only 1, the rest should be Bold Cardinal Ruby.)
- Yellow: Inscribed Ametrine
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Back: Greater Speed or Major Agility
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Greater Assault
- Gloves: Crusher
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots: Tuskarr’s Vitality or Greater Assault
- Weapon: Rune of Razorice for the main-hand. Rune of the Fallen Crusader for the off-hand.
- Hit (5% with Nerves of Cold Steel)
- Expertise (26)
- Armor Penetration
- Critical Strike
- Attack Power
Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> Obliterate -> Frost Strike -> Blood Strike -> Pestilence -> Horn of Winter
Frost Strike -> Obliterate -> Obliterate -> Frost Strike -> Obliterate -> Frost Strike -> Obliterate