PVE WotLK Enhancement Shaman DPS Guide (Short)
Wrath Shaman Guide
Welcome to our PVE Enhancement Shaman guide for WoW WotLK. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Shaman class as Enhancement. If you follow this build you should be at the top of the DPS chart in no time!
For a fresh 80 this build works a lot better. It has cheap shocks and you get mana regen from Stormstrike.
This build is for people with almost BiS gear. This build has less Mana regeneration, which is part of why you need the better gear. Your totems are also new better than a Death Knight’s Horn of winter at the cost of a little intellect.
You can also optionally change Ancestral Knowledge to Enhancing Totems.
You could replace Windfury Weapon with one of these:
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond
- Red: Bright Cardinal Ruby
- Blue: Nightmare Tear (Only 1 for your meta)
- Yellow: Quick King’s Amber
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Arcanum of Torment
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Axe
- Back: Greater Speed
- Chest: Powerful Stats
- Bracers: Greater Assault
- Gloves: Crusher or Precision
- Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle
- Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
- Boots: Icewalker or Greater Assault
- Weapons: Berserking
- Hit Rating (8% soft cap) (17% desired) (27% hard cap)
- Expertise (26)
- Attack Power / Haste
- Critical strike
- Armor Penetration
Hit rating soft cap is 8% and should be your first priority. This means your special abilities will not miss. Dual wielding has a hit cap of 27% but it’s not reasonable to actually hit the hard cap. You would give up too many useful stats to hit 27%.
Due to the build relying on Maelstrom Weapon and Lightning Bolt you need 17% spell hit.
Hast and attack power give about the same dps boost so it’s more or less a personal choice.
You should be dual wielding, it’s much higher DPS.
Windfury Weapon should be on your main-hand and Flametongue Weapon on your off-hand.
Enhance has a very complicated rotation but after a while you get used to it.
- At 5 stacks of Maelstrom Weapon cast Lightning Bolt.
- Cast Magma Totem.
- Use Stormstrike and Lava Lash after Maelstrom Weapon.
- Keep the Stormstrike debuff up on the target all the time.
- Use Flame Shock on the target if you haven’t already.
- Use Earth Shock if you have already used Flame Shock.
- Refresh Lightning Shield at 1 to 3 stacks.
- Fire Nova when everything else is on cooldown.
Both Feral Spirit and Shamanistic Rage should be used every time they are off cooldown.