Welcome to our PVE Demonology Warlock guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to play the Warlock class as Demonology in the burning crusade expansion. If you follow this build you should be at the top of the DPS chart in no time!
While Demonology is less gear dependent than Destruction, you are still better off with Affliction early on. You also really need the 2 piece T5 set bonus that heals your pet for 15% of your damage. Without the set bonus your pet will be adding more work for the healers.
This is the standard Demonolgy build which uses Summon Felguard along with Improved Shadow Bolt and Devastation.
This is a similar build that uses the Felguard instead. This build should work better if you are having mana issues.
This last build focuses on Ruin to increase your damage while making your demon the Succubus. The Succubus is weaker and more difficult to keep alive. This is definitely a build for players with better gear that can keep their pet from dying.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Chaotic Skyfire Diamond
- Red: Runed Living Ruby
- Blue: Glowing Nightseye only to activate your meta gem
- Yellow: Veiled Noble Topaz or Great Dawnstone for hit rating
Switch to the epic versions of these gems when available, that will definitely be a big boost!
You may need to adjust your enchants based on your gear but these are the standard enchants.
- Head: Glyph of Power
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of the Orb or Greater Inscription of Discipline
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Subtlety
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Exceptional Health or Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Spellpower
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Major Spellpower
- Legs: Runic Spellthread or Mystic Spellthread
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed
- Weapon: Enchant Weapon – Major Spellpower or Enchant Weapon – Soulfrost
- Hit (202 spell hit cap)
- Spell Power
- Spell Haste
- Spell Critical Strike
You want to make sure you have both of your defensive buffs on before the fight. Start off by making sure Fel Armor is on. You should be using an Imp for Blood Pact.
Next, we want to make sure a curse is on the target at all times. The three curses are Curse of the Elements, Curse of Doom, or Curse of Recklessness.
You should constantly keep Immolate and Corruption on the target at all times.
Shadow Bolt should be cast when you aren’t doing anything else. This is your main spam ability. Since the build has Improved Shadow Bolt, this should be up at all times.
Life Tap should be used when needed.
One last thing to note, It is important to allow your dots to get their last tick in before they are re-applied this can substantially impact your DPS!
As a Demonology warlock, your Demon is a core part of your DPS and benefit to the raid group. Keeping your demon alive is very important but can be difficult at times.
Your demon is basically like another melee DPS, so most of the rules that apply to melee DPS apply to him as well.
- Demons should attack the boss from behind
- Help your demon avoid excessive AoE damage.
- Ask your group to buff your demon. Through Demonic Knowledge you also receive benefits from these buffs.
- If your demon is low on health, use Fel Domination to instantly resummon a new full health demon with the same buffs.
To dismiss your demon you can use “/run PetAbandon()“
Also, your Succubus’s Lash of Pain will use Improved Shadow Bolt charges which will lower your DPS.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Mana Potion, Destruction Potion
- Elixir: Flask of Pure Death
- Oil: Brilliant Wizard Oil and Superior Wizard Oil
- Food: Blackened Basilisk or Crunchy Serpent or Poached Bluefish
- Misc: Mana Emerald, Flame Cap
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
Leatherworking – Drums of Battle and Drums of War give your raid a DPS increase and this is the way to go for later tier raids.
Tailoring – This is the most common profession because you get access to the Shadoweave and Spellstrike sets. Both of these are great T4-T5 level options and for a fresh 70 it is really good!
Jewelcrafting – Mostly gives you access to epic gems. Jewelcrafting is definitely a great money making profession!
Enchanting – The best thing enchanting gives you is the Enchant Ring – Spellpower enchant on both rings. You can also make money with the profession and it pairs well with tailoring!