Welcome to our PVE Feral Tank Druid guide for WoW TBC. This guide will show you what you need to know to tank as a Feral Druid in dungeons and raids. This guide covers everything from talents to consumables.
This is the standard tanking spec for Feral. It has all required Survivability and rage generation talents.
You could optionally trade change Intensity to Savage Fury if you are an off-tank and would like higher DPS.
Gems can change based on your build, equipment and caps. You may need to adjust your gems to account for your gear.
- Meta: Tenacious Earthstorm Diamond or Powerful Earthstorm Diamond
- Red: Shifting Shadowsong Amethyst
- Blue: Solid Empyrean Sapphire
- Yellow: Rigid Lionseye or Thick Lionseye
Once your meta gem’s color requirements are met fill yellow sockets with blue or red gems.
You may need to adjust your enchants to your gear.
- Head: Glyph of the Defender
- Shoulder: Greater Inscription of Warding or Greater Inscription of the Knight
- Back: Enchant Cloak – Greater Agility or Enchant Cloak – Dodge
- Chest: Enchant Chest – Exceptional Stats
- Bracers: Enchant Bracer – Fortitude
- Gloves: Enchant Gloves – Superior Agility
- Legs: Nethercleft Leg Armor
- Boots: Enchant Boots – Boar’s Speed or Enchant Boots – Fortitude
- Weapon: Formula: Enchant 2H Weapon – Major Agility
If you pick up enchanting you can benefit from Enchant Ring – Stats on both rings.
Below is a list of consumables which help in any raid.
- Potion: Super Healing Potion, (Elemental protection pots)
- Elixir: Elixir of Ironskin or Elixir of Major Agility or (Elixir of Mastery and Elixir of Major Fortitude)
- Flask: Flask of Fortification
- Food: Grilled Mudfish, Warp Burger, Roasted Clefthoof or Spicy Hot Talbuk
- Drums: Drums of Battle, Drums of Restoration
- Leatherworking – This is a great choice for feral druids. It allows you to craft useful gear all the way through. You also benefit from Leg enchants. You can also increase your raid utility by crafting Drums of Battle.
- Enchanting – Enchanting both of your rings will give you a boost plus you can save money enchanting your own gear.
- Jewelcrafting – Great gold making choice and you can make your own gems early on.
- Alchemy – While an option, there are usually a lot of players selling potions.
Druids cannot parry or block, so if you have any items with Parry Rating or Block Rating on them, replace those ASAP.
There isn’t a tanking stat priority list, so I’m going to go over the important stats.
You will need a combination of Stamina, Defense Rating and Armor to survive.
- Armor caps at 35,880 against bosses and 31,672 against level 70 mobs, this cap provides a 75% damage reduction.
- Defense cap is 415
While Agility is a solid tanking stat it is even more important for the off-tank who can use it to increase their DPS.
These are the DPS stats and how they help you:
- Critical Strike Rating – Increases your damage and threat
- Strength – increases your damage and scales with buffs
- Armor Penetration – increases your damage as well
Demoralizing Roar and Faerie Fire (Feral) must be on the target at all times.
For threat use Mangle (Bear) and try to keep 5 stacks of Lacerate up.
Maul is your single target rage dump. You should use it when you have over 60 rage.
When pulling you can HoT yourself before the pull using Regrowth, Rejuvenation and Lifebloom.
Once in bear form use Swipe to maintain threat.
Growl and Challenging Roar are used if someone pulls aggro off of you.