Client Version: 3.4.1
Threat Plates (TP for short) is an addon for customizing your nameplates. It offers a high amount of customization and tweaks to how your nameplates react and look. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time improving this addon and any comments or concerns about this addon are appreciated. I’m always looking for ways to improve it.
- All the standard nameplate features like healthbar, name, castbar, coloring (e.g., based on threat), scaling and transparency and so on.
- Two different modes for nameplates: Healthbar View (show healthbar and name) and Headline View (show only name)
- Customizable totem nameplates
- Custom styles for nameplates for extra customization for units based on name, auras or casts.
- Automatic spec detection and role assigning for an easy out of the box setup
- Support for profiles per spec
- Support for LibSharedMedia (adding additional fonts, textures and sounds) and LibDogTag (markup language support for custom texts)
- And lots of options…
- /tptp: Displays options
- /tptp profile <name>: Switch the current profile to <name>
- /tptp legacy-custom-styles: Adds (legacy) default custom styles for nameplates that are deleted when migrating custom nameplates to the current format
- /tptp help: Prints this help message
- /tptptoggle: Toggle Role from one to the other
- /tptpdps: Toggles DPS/Healing threat plates
- /tptptank: Toggles Tank threat plates
- /tptpol: Toggles nameplate overlapping
- /tptpverbose: Toggles addon feedback text
Version for WoW Classic
A port of Threat Plates for WoW Classic is available here: Threat Plates (Classic).
Version for WoW TBC Classic
A port of Threat Plates for WoW TBC Classic is available under the files tab: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/tidy-plates-threat-plates/files. Look for the latest version for game version 2.5.1.
Scripting is a new feature of Threat Plates that will be introduced in a future version. It allows you to extend the functionality with custom Lua scripts. Once the feature is finished, you should be able to change all aspects of nameplates. Currently, functionality is still restricted to a high degree as internal functions of Threat Plates ( like, e.g., scaling) are not easily accessible to these scripts. So, overwriting or changing them to, e.g., implement custom scaling is not that easy or may even be impossible right now.
More details as well as the current beta version are available here.
Please feel free to leave feedback in the comments!