This Mining guide for Battle for Azeroth will give you the information to get you to level 150 as quickly as possible.
Mining Changes in BfA
The maximum profession skill levels have been lowered for each profession tier:
- Classic professions max at 300.
- Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and Pandaria professions max at 75.
- Draenor and Legion professions max at 100.
- Battle for Azeroth professions max at 150.
- For (Horde) Secott the Goldsmith located in Dazar’alor.
- For (Alliance) Myra Cabot located in Boralus.
If you ever have trouble finding your profession trainers, you can always ask a city guard for directions. This will place a marker on your map at the NPC’s location.
Each rank increase via the ranking system allows you to gather more effectively.
Tips and Tricks
There are 3 new items in Battle for Azeroth that let you speed up mining.
- [Monel-Hardened Stirrups] – Gather while mounted.
- [Monel-Hardened Hoofplates] – 20% Increased mount speed.
- [Coarse Leather Barding] – Mobs no longer dismount you.
If you don’t have [Coarse Leather Barding] you can switch to tank spec, if your class has one, to avoid being dazed.
- Rank 0: 1-4 Ore/Node
- Rank 1: 2-5 Ore/Node
- Rank 2: 2-3% Expulsom Chance
- Rank 3: 3-6 Ore/Node
At level 25 you can learn to harvest more ore from your trainer. Be sure to head back and pick up these skills as soon as possible. Below is a list of quests that starting at level 50 can be completed to further increase the amount of ore gathered.
I highly recommend gather mate and Routes. These addons are what I used to create these maps and will allow you to personalize your own. GatherMate records nodes when you interact with them. Routes computes the most efficient routs using the node location data.
Also, I don’t recommend attempting to get ore that is underground or guarded by rares/elites. This can become very time consuming.