Leatherworking Changes in BfA
In BfA each expansion has it’s own professions tier with a max level.
- Classic professions max out at 300
- Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria professions max out at 75
- Warlords of Draenor and Legion professions max out at 100
- Battle for Azeroth professions max out at 150
In BfA Leatherworking now has a seperate skill depending on your faction, [Kul Tiran Leatherworking] for (Alliance) and [Zandalari Leatherworking] for (Horde), everything else is still the same between the two.
- For (Horde) Xanjo is found in the Terrace of Crafters in Dazar’alor.
- For (Alliance) Cassandra Brennor is found in the Tradewinds Market in Boralus.
If you have trouble locating your profession trainers, as usual you an ask a guard for directions and they will place a marker on your map.
With Battle for Azeroth comes new Leatherworking materials. These are, as you would expect, mainly gathered with Skinning.
- Coarse Leather – Basic recipes
- Blood-Stained Bone – Lower level recipes
- Calcified Bone – Advanced recipes
- Shimmerscale – Basic mail recipes
- Mistscale – Advanced mail recipes
- Tempest Hide – Advanced leather recipes
- Hardened Tempest Hide – The best leather recipes – crafted using Hardened Tempest Hide
BoP crafting materials
- [Expulsom] – Obtained via the Scrapper
- [Hydrocore] – Looted from Mythic & Mythic+ Dungeons
- [Sanguicell] – Dropped in Uldir
- 1-25 [Shimmerscale Armguards] or [Coarse Leather Armguards]
- 25-50 [Shimmerscale Pauldrons] or [Coarse Leather Pauldrons]
- 50-150 [Hardened Tempest Hide]
You will need [Hardened Tempest Hide] to craft the higher level armor. Which makes this is a great item to use for skill ups.
You can stop before 150 if you plan on making the BoP Epics. They will help you push to 150.
- Coarse Leather Armguards
- Coarse Leather Gauntlets
- Coarse Leather Leggings
- Coarse Leather Treads
- Coarse Leather Waistguard
- Coarse Leather Helm
- Coarse Leather Pauldrons
- Coarse Leather Vest
- Honorable Combatant’s Leather Armguards
- Honorable Combatant’s Leather Gauntlets
- Honorable Combatant’s Leather Leggings
- Honorable Combatant’s Leather Treads
- Honorable Combatant’s Leather Waistguard
Tempest – These are all BoP
- Hardened Tempest Boots
- Imbued Tempest Boots
- Emblazoned Tempest Boots
- Hardened Tempest Leggings
- Imbued Tempest Leggings
- Emblazoned Tempest Leggings
- Shimmerscale Armguards
- Shimmerscale Gauntlets
- Shimmerscale Leggings
- Shimmerscale Treads
- Shimmerscale Waistguard
- Shimmerscale Helm
- Shimmerscale Vest
- Honorable Combatant’s Mail Armguards
- Honorable Combatant’s Mail Gauntlets
- Honorable Combatant’s Mail Leggings
- Honorable Combatant’s Mail Treads
- Honorable Combatant’s Mail Waistguard
Mistscale – These are all BoP and therefore Leatherworking only.
- Mistscale Boots
- Imbued Mistscale Boots
- Emblazoned Mistscale Boots
- Mistscale Leggings
- Imbued Mistscale Leggings
- Emblazoned Mistscale Leggings
Weapons – Bows & Fist weapons
- Coarse Leather Cestus
- Shimmerscale Striker
- Hardened Tempest Knuckles
- Mistscale Knuckles
- Honorable Combatant’s Bow
- Recurve Bow of the Strands
- Drums of the Maelstrom – Can be used instead of Heroism/Bloodlust but gives 5% less haste.
- Coarse Leather Barding – Use:prevents being dazed when hit while mounted for 2 hours.
- Tempest Hide Pouch – Gives your follower a chance to bring back skins/hides from missions.
- Amber Rallying Horn – Increases follower mission success rate by 10% per accompanying troop.
- Shimmerscale Diving Helmet
- Shimmerscale Diving Suit