Client Version: 4.3.4
Rarity tracks how many times you’ve tried to obtain various rare items like mounts, battle pets, and toys. It will tell you how likely you are to obtain the item, track how long you’ve been farming for it, and tell you how lucky you’ve been so far. Although it’s mostly used for mounts, battle pets, and toys, it supports pretty much any item, including profession patterns, archaeology projects, and more.
Looking for Rarity Item Packs? Scroll down.
Out of the box, Rarity includes support for every single mount, battle pet, and toy in the game which require some time to farm.
It also includes support for some mount-related items like:
Alani the Stormborn is a level 92 rare spawn located flying around the Vale of Eternal Blossoms. He has a buff called Nimbus Shroud which makes him immune from being attacked. This buff is removed from an item called Sky Crystal which is created by combining 10x Skyshard.
Alani the Stormborn is infact the MoP version of the TLPD/Aeonaxx. After collecting 10x Skyshards I turned them into 1x Sky Crystal which allowed me to attack and kill Alani. When looted he dropped the Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent. A video of the kill can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwzUnLKMwo
10 mobs which you can loot skyshards from:
1 – Mogu in northern Vale
2 – Trickster in north west Vale
3 – Trickster in north west Vale
4 – Cow in south Vale
5 – Croc in central lake of Vale
6 – Trickster in south Vale
7 – Trickster in north west Vale
8 – Trickster in north west Vale
9 – Trickster in north west Vale
10 – Trickster in north west Vale
- Drops from Elite Dinosaurs in Primal Egg which is the island north of Kun’Lai Summit. Also chance to be found in Treasures of the Thunder King
- Each Elite has 2-13 million health and drops 1x-45x Bones.
- Is Unique and only hold one at a time. 100% sure you can’t see another if it drops–others in party can however.
- The fact that it’s unique and can’t loot more than 1 will greatly skew wowhead drop% listing as ppl continue to farm to reach 9999 Bones with egg in bag
- 100% chance at hatching 1 of 3 raptors: Reins of the Black Primal Raptor, Reins of the Green Primal Raptor,, Reins of the Red Primal Raptor
Giant Dinosaur Bone.
Collecting 9999, Completing A Large Pile of Giant Dinosaur Bones awards a mount! Reins of the Bone-White Primal Raptor.
It’ll even notice if you mouseover a Mysterious Camel Figurine, plus lots of other stuff. Rarity factors in the size of a typical group when determining probabilities, and can also tell you if you’ve killed various bosses this week (or day). Holiday just started, and you didn’t notice? Rarity will give you a helpful reminder to run those holiday dungeons or daily quests if you still need an item from them.
If Rarity doesn’t track something you want to track, you can add it yourself! Just about everything is user configurable.
- Rarity is primarily an LDB feed with a large tooltip. It can function as either a mini-map icon (you have to turn this on in the options).
- Provides a progress bar, which you can toggle by clicking the icon or feed label.
- Adds info to NPC and item tooltips, showing you if it drops or contains something that Rarity tracks. Rare mobs with a guaranteed drop show which item they drop and if you’ve defeated them yet.
- Includes full source info, telling you how to obtain everything Rarity tracks.
- Share packs of items with other users
- Can automatically add waypoints to TomTom for certain items
- Uses statistics whenever possible to keep track of attempts
- Breaks your farming down by session, day, week, and month
Looks at your instance locks to see if you’ve defeated various bosses recently
- Reminds you if you need to farm a holiday dungeon or daily quest, and hides holiday items that aren’t available right now
- Supports bonus coin rolls
- Automatically screenshots when you obtain an item
- Keeps track of rare achievements like Frostbitten and Glorious
- You can add your own items to track
- Lets you modify your attempt count without having to edit saved variables
- Automatically imports data from Bunny Hunter if you’re switching