Client Version: 4.3.4
Floating Combat Text of awesomeness.
Displays Events from the combatlog (damage, healing, …) as moving text and numbers across the Screen. It also supports various other Events (Loot, Cooldowns, …). Further Parrot offers a Trigger-system to display Text and play sounds on certain predefined events (e.g. Nightfall for Warlocks).
“I created a custom Trigger doing <something>. Is it worthy to be in parrots default triggers?
- in many cases it is. If you want to contribute a custom trigger to be added to the default triggers, please post a ticket where you describe *exactly* how you set it up. I can’t figure that out for every class and every spec.
“Parrot is not showing heals, but it’s enabled in the options”
- Since 3.2 WoW displays every full overheal in the combatlog (even for HoTs). That’s why Parrot v1.9.0+ contains an option in Events to “Hide full overheals” which is enabled by default to avoid unnecessary spam.
”I want to use custom fonts and sounds in Parrot, but there are none available’
- Parrot doesn’t provide sounds or additional fonts (only the fonts included in WoW) For additional fonts and sounds please install SharedMedia.
To use custom sounds and fonts see the “INSTRUCTIONS for MyMedia.txt” in the SharedMedia-folder.
“Whenever I /reload or log back in again, parrot auto-hides blizzard’s default outgoing damage text (the one above the mob in question). Is there any way to avoid having to enable blizz’s functions all the time
- When enabled Parrot manages the settings for Blizzard FCTs damage- and heal-display. You can enable these features to be used with Parrot in the config (General->Game damage/healing)
“Sometimes when Looting stackable items, the stackcount is off. Why isn’t this fixed?”
- The problem is, that the Interface-event for the Loot is sometimes triggered before, and sometimes after the item was put in the bag (depending on lag). If anyone knows a solution that does not involve constantly polling the bags’ content, I’m open to suggestions.