Alchemy Changes in BfA
In BfA each expansion has it’s own professions tier with a max level.
- Classic professions max out at 300
- Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria professions max out at 75
- Warlords of Draenor and Legion professions max out at 100
- Battle for Azeroth professions max out at 150
- For (Horde) Clever Kumali is found in the Terrace of Crafters in Dazar’alor.
- For (Alliance) Elric Whalgrene is found in the Tradewinds Market in Boralus.
If you have trouble locating your profession trainers, as usual you an ask a guard for directions and they will place a marker on your map.
You may notice that the ranking system is still present from Legion, however ranks 1 and 2 only require yout o reach a certain skill level to learn them. Rank 3 requires you to have learned rank 2, and then some come from vendors with Revered reputation while a few will come from World Quests.
- Rank 1: Nothing special just allows you to craft the item. These are learned from profession trainers.
- Rank 2: Reduces the amount of materials required to craft the recipe. Most of these are learned from profession trainers at a certain skill level, however certain ones are learned via other means.
- Rank 3: Gives you a chance to craft multiples at no extra cost. These are acquired from vendors once you reach certain leels of reputation with different factions.
- Double flask and elixir duration as long as you can craft the flask or elixir.
- Ability to wear two alchemy specific trinkets Surging Alchemist Stone and Siren’s Alchemist Stone.
- Each crafting profession can no craft follower equipment as well to bring back materials from succesful missions. For alchemy that item is Potion of Herb Tracking
- 1-20 Coastal Healing Potion
- 20-40 Coastal Mana Potion
- 40-60 Coastal Rejuvenation Potion, if you run out early just make more healing & mana pots, these turn green at 62
- 60-80 Demitri’s Draught of Deception, is rank 2 and will turn green at 82
- 80-115 any Battle Potions, recipe will turn green at 115
- 115-145 Flask of Endless Fathoms, Flask of the Currents, Flask of the Undertow, Flask of the Vast Horizon turn green at 145
- 145-150 Mystical Cauldron but they require Expulsom from the scrapper and Hydrocore from Uldir.
You may want to continue making flasks as it will still generate skill up, just at a slower rate.
If you’ve made it to revered with any faction except Tortollan Seekers, you may visit their vendor for rank 3 of their flask which will get you to 150.
In BfA there are 9 new transmute that all share the same 1 day cooldown. They can all be learned at alchemy level 50 except for Transmute: Expulsom which can be acquired at alchemy level 110.
- Transmute: Cloth to Skins
- Transmute: Expulsom
- Transmute: Fish To Gems
- Transmute: Herbs to Cloth
- Transmute: Herbs to Ore
- Transmute: Meat to Pet – bugged at launch
- Transmute: Ore to Cloth
- Transmute: Ore to Gems
- Transmute: Ore to Herbs
- Coastal Healing Potion
- Coastal Mana Potion
- Coastal Rejuvenation Potion
- Potion of Replenishment
- Battle Potion of Agility
- Battle potion of Intellect
- Battle Potion of Strength
- Battle Potion of Stamina
- Potion of Rising Death
- Potion of Bursting Blood
- Steelskin Potion
- Lightfoot Potion
- Sea Mist Potion
- Potion of Concealment
- Demitri’s Draught of Deception