Client Version: 4.3.4
RatingBuster is to provide detailed, meaningful and customizable information about items so you can easily decide for yourself which item is better.
- Rating Conversion:
- Converts combat ratings into percentages.
- Stat Breakdown:
- Breakdown Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intellect and Spirit into base stats.
- Supports talents, buffs and racials that give you extra bonuses.
- Ex: Lunar Guidance – “Increases your spell damage and healing by 8/16/25% of your total Intellect.”
- Ex: Heart of the Wild – “Increases your Intellect by 4/8/12/16/20%. In addition, ……etc”
- Ex: +13 Intellect (+234 Mana, +0.18% Spell Crit, +3.9 Dmg)
- Stat Summary:
- Summarizes all the stats from the item itself, enchants and gems, converts them to base stats and displays the total value and/or difference from your current equipped item.
- Ex: Crit Chance – Adds up agility and crit rating from the item, enchant and gem. Converts agility and crit rating to crit chance, and displays the total in a single value.
- Item Level and Item ID:
- Item Level is obtained from the WoW API, not a calculated value.
- Item ID is useful for advanced users.
- Supports talents, buffs and racials that modify your stats for all classes
- Fully customizable, decide what you need to see and what you don’t want.
Auto fill gems in empty sockets
- You can set the default gems for each type of empty socket using “/rabu sum gem <red|yellow|blue|meta> <ItemID|Link>” or using the options window.
- To specify the gem of your choice, you will need to give RatingBuster the ItemLink or the ItemID of the gem.
- ItemLink example: type “/rabu sum gem blue ” (last char is a space) and link the gem (from your bags, AH, ItemSync or whatever), then press <enter>.
- What if you can’t link the gem? Well thats what ItemID is for. Find your gem on http://www.wowhead.com/ and look at the URL, for example “http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32193”, 32193 is the ItemID for that gem. Go back in wow, type “/rabu sum gem red 32193” and press <enter>.
Note1: If you have “/rabu sum ignore gem” on, the auto fill gems won’t work.
Note2: Meta gem conditions and SetBonuses work, so if you don’t meet the conditions, StatSummary won’t count them.
Note3: RatingBuster will only auto fill empty sockets, if the item already has some gems on it, it will remain.
Note4: Empty sockets filled by RatingBuster will keep the “Empty Socket Icon” so you can still easily tell what color socket it is.
Note5: Gem text filled by RatingBuster will be shown in gray color to differentiate from real gems.
GUI Options Window
Type /rabu win
Use: /rabu or /ratingbuster
- /rabu : Display command help
- /rabu standby : Toggle disable/enable RatingBuster in game, defaults Enable
- /rabu level (0-83) : Set the level used in calculations, defaults 0 (0 = your level)
- /rabu itemlevel : Toggle show/hide ItemLevel, defaults Show
- /rabu itemid : Toggle show/hide ItemID, defaults Hide
- /rabu usereqlv : Toggle calculate using the required level if you are below the required level, defaults Off
- /rabu statmod : Toggle support for talent and buff mods, defaults On
- /rabu avoidancedr : Dodge, Parry, Hit Avoidance values will be calculated using the avoidance deminishing return formula with your current stats, defaults On
- /rabu rating : Options for Rating Conversion
- /rabu rating show : Toggle show/hide Rating Conversion in tooltips, defaults Show
- /rabu rating def : Toggle Defense breakdown, Convert Defense into Crit Avoidance, Hit Avoidance, Dodge, Parry and Block, defaults Off
- /rabu rating wpn : Toggle Weapon Skill breakdown, Convert Weapon Skill into Crit, Hit, Dodge Neglect, Parry Neglect, Block Neglect, defaults Off
- /rabu rating color enable : Toggle enable/disable colored text, defaults On
- /rabu rating color pick : Choose a color for the added text, defaults Light Yellow
- /rabu rating spell : Show Spell Hit from Hit Rating
- /rabu rating physical : Show Physical Hit from Hit Rating
- /rabu rating detail : Show detailed text for Resiliance and Expertise conversions
- /rabu rating exp : Convert Expertise into Dodge Neglect and Parry Neglect
- /rabu stat : Options for Stat Breakdown
- /rabu stat show : Toggle show/hide Stat Breakdown in tooltips, defaults Show
- /rabu stat str : Options for Strength breakdown -> AP, Block, Healing(Talent)
- /rabu stat agi : Options for Agility breakdown -> Crit, Dodge, AP, RAP, Armor
- /rabu stat sta : Options for Stamina breakdown -> Health, SpellDmg(Talent)
- /rabu stat int : Options for Intellect breakdown -> Mana, SpellCrit, SpellDmg(Talent), Healing(Talent), MP5(Talent), RAP(Talent), Armor(Talent)
- /rabu stat spi : Options for Spirit breakdown -> MP5(Talent), MP5NC, HP5, SpellDmg(Talent), Healing(Talent)
- /rabu sum : Options for Stat Summary
- /rabu sum show : Toggle show/hide Stat Summary in tooltips, defaults Show
- /rabu sum ignore unused : Show stat summary only for armor types you will and can use, and on items with uncommon quality and up, defaults On
- /rabu sum ignore equipped : Hide stat summary for equipped items, defaults Off
- /rabu sum ignore enchant : Ignore enchants on items when calculating the stat summary, defaults Off
- /rabu sum ignore gem : Ignore gems on items when calculating the stat summary, defaults Off
- /rabu sum diffstyle : Display diff values in the main tooltip or only in compare tooltips, defaults Main
- /rabu sum space before : Add a blank line before stat summary for readability, defaults On
- /rabu sum space after : Add a blank line after stat summary, defaults Off
- /rabu sum icon : Show the sigma icon before summary listing, defaults On
- /rabu sum title : Show the title text before summary listing, defaults On
- /rabu sum showzerostat : Show zero value stats in summary for consistency, defaults Off
- /rabu sum calcsum : Calculate the total stats for the item, defaults On
- /rabu sum calcdiff : Calculate the stat difference for the item and equipped items, defaults On
- /rabu sum gem : Auto fill gems in empty sockets
- /rabu sum sort : Enable to sort StatSummary alphabetically, disable to sort according to stat type(basic, physical, spell, tank)
- /rabu sum avoidhasblock : Enable to include block chance in Avoidance summary, Disable for only dodge, parry, miss
- /rabu sum basic : Choose basic stats for summary
- Mana Regen
- Mana Regen while not casting
- Health Regen
- Health Regen when out of combat
- /rabu sum physical : Choose physical stats for summary
- Attack Power
- Ranged Attack Power
- Feral Attack Power
- Hit Chance
- Hit Rating
- Ranged Hit Chance
- Ranged Hit Rating
- Crit Chance
- Crit Rating
- Ranged Crit Chance
- Ranged Crit Rating
- Haste Rating
- Ranged Haste
- Ranged Haste Rating
- Dodge Neglect
- Parry Neglect
- Block Neglect
- Weapon Skill
- Weapon Max Damage
- Ignore Armor
- Armor Penetration
- Armor Penetration Rating
- /rabu sum spell : Choose spell stats for summary
- Spell Damage
- Holy Spell Damage
- Arcane Spell Damage
- Fire Spell Damage
- Nature Spell Damage
- Frost Spell Damage
- Shadow Spell Damage
- Spell Hit Chance
- Spell Hit Rating
- Spell Crit Chance
- Spell Crit Rating
- Spell Haste
- Spell Haste Rating
- Spell Penetration
- /rabu sum tank : Choose tank stats for summary
- Dodge Chance
- Dodge Rating
- Parry Chance
- Parry Rating
- Block Chance
- Block Rating
- Block Value
- Hit Avoidance
- Crit Avoidance
- Arcane Resistance
- Fire Resistance
- Nature Resistance
- Frost Resistance
- Shadow Resistance
Avoidance diminishing returnsThis includes:
- Dodge from Dodge Rating, Defense Rating, Agility.
- Parry from Parry Rating, Defense Rating.
- Chance to be missed from Defense Rating.
The following is the result of hours of work gathering data from beta servers and then spending even more time running multiple regression analysis on the data.
- DR for Dodge, Parry, Missed are calculated separately.
- Base avoidances are not affected by DR, (Ex: Dodge from base Agility)
- Death Knight’s Parry from base Strength is affected by DR, base for parry is 5%.
- Direct percentage gains from talents and spells(ex: Evasion) are not affected by DR.
- c and k values depend on class but does not change with level.
Avoidance DR formula and k, C_p, C_d constants derived by Whitetooth (hotdogee [at] gmail [dot] com)
The DR formula
1 / x’ = 1 / c + k / x
x’ is the diminished stat before converting to IEEE754.
x is the stat before diminishing returns.
c is the cap of the stat, and changes with class.
k is is a value that changes with class.
How I derived the Rating Formula
As soon as I saw the blue post on combat ratings system, I began to think about coding this addon. But Blizzard only gave us level 60 and 70 data about this system, and for an addon like this to work you need exact formula that will work for all levels. So I need to reverse engineer the Combat Rating formula, and the process of obtaining this formula can be broken up into two simple steps.
1. Get more data
In order to obtain the exact formula, I will need more data points then just level 60 and 70. So I logged on and started asking random people about their crit% and crit ratings show in the Character frame, the problem was the crit% shown only has 2 two decimal places, which turned out to be insufficient for this matter.
So I started to dig in the DefaultUI lua files in search for a new API that will give a more precise crit% and I came up with this script /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetCombatRatingBonus (9)).
Now I need to log on again and ask random people to type that script and tell me that 13 decimal place crit% that it shows. This was not an easy task, as most people are unfamiliar with lua script, there are even people that immediately put me on ignore after I sent him this script lol.
After hours of work, this is what I got:
2. Think very hard
After some creative thinking, this is what I got:
This formula is correct to the 13th decimal place, so I’m 100% sure this is what blizzard uses.
Stat Conversion Data for Reference
(Patch 3.2.0 Data)
Combat rating needed for 1 point of stat
Agility needed for 1% Crit
Intellect needed for 1% Spell Crit
Spirit-Based Mana Regeneration Formula
ManaRegen(SPI, INT, LEVEL) = (0.001 + SPI * BASE_REGEN[LEVEL] * (INT^0.5)) * 5