Client Version: 4.3.4
Group Calendar features
- Compatible with the built-in calendar and web-based armory calendars
- View and edit events using local or server dates and times
- Track tradeskill cooldowns
- Create partnerships for coordinating events across multiple guilds
- Export your calendar to the iCalendar format for use in external applications or web calendars
- Reminders for upcoming events and tradeskill cooldowns
- View events and get reminders while on your alts
- Easy invite management to track group composition
- Quickly invite players to the raid from the attendance list
- Set level limits and duration for events
- Analog clock with date on the minimap button for attractive timekeeping
Group Calendar is completely re-built around the WoW calendar database. This allows it to work with the built-in calendar, including the armory web-based calendar. Also, because it works with the built-in calendar, your guild members are not required to use this addon since they can use the built-in calendar instead. They will still see your events and be able to sign up for them even if they choose to use the built-in calendar.
There is no documentation yet as I’m still working on development. The operation is similar to GC4, except that events only show up for players you invite. There is a new Invite tab in the event editor for selecting who should see the event and the selection will be remembered so that next time you create the same event you won’t have to re-select it.
The multi-guild partnerships feature is different too because of the invite system the WoW calendar uses. To support multi-guild partnerships use the Partners tab in the main window to set up a roster-sharing partnership with a player in the other guild(s). Follow the instructions on that tab to set up the partnership. Once it’s set up, the partner guilds will appear in your Invite tab in the event editor, where you can then mass-invite players from those guilds.
Since Blizzard doesn’t have any support for mass-inviting players from other guilds, GC will invite them one at a time at the maximum speed Blizzard allows. This can take a while for large partnerships and I recommend that you use copy-and-paste to create additional events once you have an event set up the way you want it. Note that you can not copy an event while you’re creating it, you must create it first and then you can copy it and paste the copy to a new date.